Sunday, September 17, 2006

Two Amigos


Hey Guys,
If you are looking for two great guys to support and their units, then here are my picks. I'll give you some background on these two Outstanding Americans. LtCol Jim Adams was stationed with me over in Okinawa back in 94 to 95 and he is a super talented writer whose wit and satire is limited by the standards imposed only by the military. He got out of the Marines for a couple of years but missed it so much and after 9-11, there was no doubt in his mind on what to do. This is his third tour, no I may be wrong; he may be going on his fourth tour there. I was able to be on hand to see him promoted to LtCol in Falluja last Nov and that is my wild Helo ride home, "Redman and rotten eggs" post. He is single so he doesn’t mind being gone. Anyway, Tom is out in the Wild Wild West of Iraq. Hopefully he’ll write you back soon but as the C.O. there, he is working like a mad dog. There is a Gunny, who is the POC for AnySoldier from their unit, but Jim is the Alternate and this address is good for him as well. When you write to him, ask him how his Arabic is going??? Ha ha!!
I have another buddy who also fly’s with me at my Airline. Alex flew the F-18 in the Marines years ago and after I got back in to the Reserves, he too started to express an interest in joining back up. Now his wife had something to say about this and wasn’t happy about it at the time, but I think she has accepted it now. See guys, the Islamic AssClowns will never win this war against the U.S. with guys like Tom and Alex around. The fact that they and all the others like us, will drop what we are doing to go kick butt, puts a damper on the idea that we will run away from a fight. Alex is also a famous Aviation Artist of renowned stature and I’m proud to say that I have one of his giant Oils in my office at home. I just saw one of his Oils on display here at the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola Florida. He volunteered to be a combat artist in Iraq and is riding around with a Marine convoy right now somewhere capturing the moment with them.
These Marines are very OUTSTANDING American’s and I’m proud to be able to sponsor them this way to all of you, the best damn supporters in the world!!!! Please email me at Thesandgram@yahoo.com for their address. Take care and talk to you soon.
Semper Fi,
Taco